Pages

I didn't listen.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Today's challenge for blogtember : Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.
A good friend of mine doesn't believe in marriage, she has no desire to be married and doesn't normally support people being married. Thankfully when she found out Taylor and I were going to get married, she said we were perfect together and she would approve just this one time (phew!). But she also told me not to have a wedding. She told me to save myself the money and the stress of planning a huge party She said we should elope, take the money intended for a wedding and do something we would never forget. Best advice ever!

I didn't listen.

I had the wedding, I spent the money (well husband spent the money), I had the stress. But I also made memories I'll never forget. Would I do it all over again? Probably not. I'd probably elope. Luckily I'll never have to worry about this because my husband is stuck with me forever (you hear that husband??). Our three year wedding anniversary is this month, and since we can't be together this year; I've decided to make some more memories, in the same dress I wore on our wedding day. I won a free photography session at a benefit night not too long ago and I'm going to put that big dress back on... and trash it. Ever heard of "trash the dress" sessions before? Google it if not. I'm so excited to do this because I've always said I was going to. Three years later, here we go! Pictures to come soon!

Probably one of my favorite memories!
So pretty, but not for long...


Yeah, this church made it worth it!


and this cake. It sums us up so well!

3 comments :

  1. nice advice and nice wedding dress. are you sure u really want to trash it? 。◕‿◕。

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures alone make not listening to your friend worth it! So funny! And what a gorgeous church & dress! Can't wait to see pictures of you trashing your dress!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blogger Design Made By The Dutch Lady Designs